Saturday, November 08, 2008

Girls these days

I stole a teen magazine from an actual teen girl. It's her own fault. She left it out on the kitchen table and her mom made the mistake of inviting me in for coffee.

It's been awhile since I read a teen girl magazine, and I might be old and fuddy duddy (I can't be that fuddy duddy, I just lifted a mag from my friend's kid)...

But they don't make teen mags like they used to... Or I wasn't reading the right ones.

The first thing that caught my eye was the article titled "What's up down there?" "Are you normal? Vanquish those vajajay worries right here."

I'm not sure Cosmo is that straight forward, but me and my vajajay feel much better after reading the advice.

Like any magazine targeted at the fairer sex, there are a lot, A LOT, of ads for tampons, pads, liners, etc. It's clearly a marketing definer.

My favorite is the tough girl soccer player kicking a red-wrapped present with the label "Mother Nature's Monthly Gift" under the headline "BRING IT ON." Ah, youth. Have a couple of kids and you start yelling bring it on to menopause...

No comments: