Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fire

So I woke up this morning when a friend called about this. They had been evacuated because of the fire, and she was wondering about Dean in the hospital. I began to aggressively wonder too. 

Turns out I can't get to Dean. The freeways and roads between him and me are closed. I don't like it. Feels like the '94 earthquake when I was in the West Valley and he was in Santa Clarita. It felt like forever without him.

Right now he's still in a hospital bed. He's heard rumors that some patients have been evacuated. 

I had planned a sweet, family post today about how we managed to pull of movie night in a hospital room with Daddy. We did. We watched "The Wizard of Oz" on hospital TV, sipped tomato soup brought from home, fresh bread and little boys taking turns snuggled into the non-surgery side of their dad. It was good.

And now today ... This could be an adventure-filled day.

No comments: