Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boys in uniform

I told you about that special time Neil and I shared on the 4th of July (My eye is recovering nicely). But I also wanted you to see these sweet boys who handed out flags while marching in the city's 4th of July parade. This was their 4th year. Neil is such a trooper. He's walked it every year.

Things to note:
1. Can you tell how long Jack's hair is? He loves it. Dean is living vicariously through Jack and is enjoying it also. It is getting long enough that people at church (and a few other places) stop me and mention how long his hair is. This has happened before but the tone is changing from "Wow, look at that beautiful hair!" to "Wow, look whose mom doesn't have any sense!"

2. Do you see Neil's badge thingy? I'm not sure what to call it. Neil had so many of his own badges from Cub Scout events that his Marna made him a really cool "sash" to put them on. He looks quite accomplished in it.

No comments: