Wednesday, February 04, 2009

800 Ring Pops

It takes approximately 19 minutes to purchase, pay for and load 800 Ring Pops from a big box store into your minivan. And it only cost $191.20. It seems like 800 of anything for that amount of money is reasonable.
 
Why do I need 800 Ring Pops, you ask?

I have a serious addiction to them, and I don't want to run out. I have a special closet filled with them. It's temperature-controlled.

Not really. But you knew that. The special closet is reserved for coffee and chocolate.

The Tri-R-athon is coming. R you ready? I'm not, but I'm getting there. There will be Reading, Running and 'Rithmatic-ing on Friday -- all in the name of raising money for P.E., computer and music education at the kids' school.

That is -- of course -- if there is not the torrential downpour predicted... Please let the weathermen/women/whatever be wrong. Please let the Doppler 7000 not have anything to share. Please let it hold off until 3 p.m. on Friday. I'm sorry if it ruins your weekend plans, but I have a fundraiser to run here.

Every kid gets a Ring Pop if they turn in a pledge form and funds for the fundraiser. It's amazing how hard kids will work for a Ring Pop. If I were going to deal something to children, it would not be drugs. It would be Ring Pops and Nerds Ropes...

Ring Pops garner a great deal of attention. I was almost mugged in the lower grades when kids saw me delivering Ring Pops to their classrooms. Suddenly they wanted to know what they had to do to get one. Suddenly they had heard of the Tri-R-athon.

Visual motivation is good.

No comments: